Soggy moggies avoid cat-astrophe

These two gorgeous kittens are only six weeks old but have already used one of their nine lives.

Their owners hadn’t realised they were happily curled up asleep amongst the dirty washing in the laundry basket and accidentally put the kittens in the washing machine. The owner acted quickly as soon as they realised what had happened and got them out, dried them off and brought them straight in to us to be checked over by Warwick vet Gemma.

They were alert and conscious but cold and in shock. Gemma was worried they may have inhaled some water and detergent which could cause delayed breathing problems so they stayed overnight for observation. By the next morning they had recovered really well and their breathing was completely normal so they were able to go home that day.

 

Here they are with mum Peach after their ordeal- already feeling better and back to their mischievous ways!

Their owners would like us to share their story and advise all pet owners to check laundry baskets before loading washing machines and tumble dryers. These lovely kittens were very lucky and have made a full recovery, but it could easily have been a different story.

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

This entry was posted in General News, Warwick News.

Comments are closed.