Physiotherapy for pets following Orthopaedic Surgery
Physiotherapy has been found to aid the recovery of pets who have undergone orthopaedic surgery.
We recommend a minimum of 4 physiotherapy sessions over an 8 week period, with our specially trained veterinary nurse, Poppy, who will monitor your pet’s recovery. She will also teach you Physiotherapy techniques so that you may continue treatment with your pet at home.
The aims of physiotherapy are to maximise physical potential by:
- Reducing pain
- Promoting the healing process
- Increasing and maintaining muscle strength and flexibility
- Improving mobility of joints
- Promoting and restoring normal movement patterns
- Increasing cardiovascular fitness
Physiotherapy should always be preceded by stroking. Not only is this quality bonding time with your pet, it also accustoms them to touch.
Read more by downloading our Physiotherapy Leaflet below: