Keep an eye on those Easter Eggs if you have dogs around this weekend.

When we took this photo, Anita's labrador Beanie, stole two of the eggs right in front of our noses and had to be persuaded to give them up!

Chocolate is irresistable to dogs but the Theobromine it contains can be lethal. We have enzymes in our liver to metabolise it but dogs cannot break it down and it becomes toxic forming a poison which can be fatal.

The important questions are; How much chocolate? What type of chocolate? and what size is your dog?

If you think your dog has eaten a quantity of chocolate call us immediately and our vet will advise you what to do next. Your dog may need to come in for urgent treatment to get rid of the toxin.



social Facebook

social Instagram

social linkedin

Opening Times