Please click here to view the latest information on how to access our services.

  • Taking Your Pet Abroad
  • Taking Your Pet Abroad
  • Taking Your Pet Abroad

Pet passports no longer valid from 1 January 2021

You can no longer use a pet passport issued in Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland) for travel to an EU country or Northern Ireland. You can still use a pet passport issued in an EU country or Northern Ireland.

Instead, pets travelling from Great Britain to an EU country or Northern Ireland will need an Animal Health Certificate (up to five pets on one certificate).

  • For the purposes of European travel and re-entry into the UK a Pet passport is no longer valid. An Animal health certificate is now required.
  • Each Animal health certificate is valid for 4 months of travel and for one trip only. 
  • rabies vaccination carried out at least 21 days prior to the date of travel is required for the Animal health certificate
  • Please make an appointment one month prior to your travel date travel with one of our Official Veterinarians. You will need to bring all previous vaccination certificates and/or passports with you for this appointment. Your pets microchip will be checked and details of their previous rabies vaccination can be confirmed. 
  • If your pet has a Pet Passport please make a photocopy of the rabies vaccination section and the pet identification section.
  • Please print and complete our Health certificate information request form which can be found here.
  • Rabies vaccination must be administered at least 21 days prior to travel. An in-date rabies vaccination is sufficient for an animal health certificate. 
  • The Animal health certificate must be completed within 10 days of outward travel. 
  • The animal health certificate will cost £180 for a single pet with additional £60 per additional animal. 
  • Please note that at least 14 days notice must be given prior to the date of travel for an Animal Health certificate and the full payment will be required at this time.  We will not be able to provide an Animal Health certificate if it is requested any later than this. 

Please contact us to advise on the steps required to ensure your pet is prepared for travel and ensure you have the required appointments booked for your pet. 

Download our Pet Travel Advice document here >

Download our Animal Health Certificate information request document here >

The best place to check for the most up to date information is on the government website here.

  • rcvs logo
  • CFC Silver logo for clinics - 2023
  • iip bronze logo 2022